Friday, November 23, 2007

A Christmas Tradition

We have several traditions that our family does for Christmas. This is one I read in a magazine a few years back that I love and have been doing for years. Every year I buy the kids new pajamas for Christmas to open on Christmas Eve. They wear them that night, so I have cute children in new p.j.s for the Christmas morning pictures. Sometimes I let them pick their p.j.s and sometimes I surprise them.
I would love to hear about everyones holiday traditions, so please leave a comment and let me know some of yours.

3 comments:

Beth said...

What a great idea! I may have to steal that one!

Pam said...

I have a Christmas album with pictures from each Christmas in it since Phoebe was born. In the beginning of the book, I put the Christmas story from the Bible. On Christmas morning, we read the story and look at the pictures before we open the presents.

Naomi said...

My mom saved all the handmade ornaments my sister and I made, but they were destroyed when my basement flooded. So, every year my daughter and I are making a new one (a clay handprint '05, a glittery snowflake w/ her pic '06).

Also, they made a felt gingerbread house on DIY. I decided we're going to do one every year (not filled like a pillow though, I thought I'd use a couple of orange juice cartons inside it). A different style house every year, that Malina can decorate anyway she wants.

So sorry long lol!