Friday, December 28, 2007

Easy Kid Cooking- Biscuit Cinnamon Bites

This is a very easy recipe for kids to make for a snack or breakfast. Last night, my daughter had a friend spend the night and they wanted to "help" me cook dinner. I planned a kid friendly dinner (easy, not healthy) of banana pancakes, scrambled eggs and these cinnamon biscuit bites.

Start with a small tube of biscuits, and approx 2 parts sugar and 1 part cinnamon.






Next with a cutting board and a butter knife, let the kids cut each biscuit into for pieces.









In a bowl or plastic baggie, coat the biscuit pieces.








Place pieces on baking sheet, and cook on 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.










They are good plain or with syrup.

This is my attempt to be like The Pioneer Woman Cooks .

7 comments:

Family O'Foxes said...

i like your banner...very festive.

clever way to make cinnamon rolls...i started making them from a recipe i got from someone's blog (I think I posted the link in Oct.'s archives).

cinnamon rolls are always yummy!
~Amy

Melissa said...

That's a good idea. I've seen the monkey loaf thing but never thought of just using plain biscuits and fancying them up!!!

care-in said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing it!

Kellan said...

What a great idea - and so easy. We always have biscuits in the refrigerator - I am definitely going to try this one - thanks. See you soon. Kellan

Michelle O. said...

That's a great idea! I'll have to let the girls have a go at it. I love The Pioneer Woman cooks too! Nice pictures & instructions on the recipe :)

Jen said...

We do this alot...great reminder though

Beth said...

PW would be proud!

I'm going to have to try these!