Monday, January 28, 2008

My Thanks and My Craft Closet

First, I would like to thank everyone for their supportive and loving words. It really does help to know so many people are praying for me and have me in their thoughts. I know God will help us through this and this is part of his plan he has for us, but it helps to have others remind me of it. And also helps to hear that others have gone through it and it has worked out for the better. I feel so blessed to have met so many wonderful people through blogging. When I started my blog I would have never imagined that. Thanks so much and I love you all.
We are still waiting to hear about that job, now we hope to know by Monday or Tuesday, I will keep you guys posted.


This next thing is on totally different topic but it is good for me to switch gears. I have had a few people ask me about my craft closet. So I took some pictures and I thought I would post them.

































This closet is also my medicine cabinet. I do have one more container in my bedroom closet that I keep big pieces of foam and construction paper in. I also have some stuff in my basement. But most of my stuff is in this hall closet. And no, it is not always this neat. I know this is a weird post but inquiring minds wanted to know.
Also someone asked me when I started doing crafts with my kids, I started pretty when they were pretty young. My 2 younger kids always wanted to do what the older one were doing. So I want to say I started before they were 2 years old and now my 2 year old is almost 3 and she can do a lot of crafts. My 6 year old does stuff by herself, all the time. She just goes in the closet pulls out stuff and makes all kinds of things. And she is always improving on my ideas. My 8 year old is also very creative and always thinks outside the box. At first that was hard for me because I would say," No, you are suppose to do it this way." But a lot of times the things he came up with were great. So it taught me a lesson. It was hard for me to let that go, but now I see he comes up with great things.
I know doing crafts is not for everyone and I totally understand. Before I had kids, if you told me I would be doing crafts with kids and posting them on the computer,I would have said you were crazy. If the people from high school could see me now, they would never believe it. Now I am just rambling so I will go now. Thanks again to everyone.

post signature

18 comments:

Family Adventure said...

I just read your post below (I was away this weekend), and your spirit is amazing, Jenn. Hang in there! :)

Love your craft closet. I am craft-less, so this is totally foreign for me. That's why I love visiting your blog so much. You make me think that *maybe* I can do it, too!!

Heidi

Beth said...

You know I love your closet and wish I had a couple like them in my house!

Hang in there girl!

Jennifer said...

I wish I had a supply closet like that! You are such a wonderful mom and your kids won't ever forget it!

Steph said...

I don't even have a craft *drawer*. The few things we have are scattered all over the place. Maybe that's why I can never get any projects done. On my to do list...get stuff organized!

Brittany said...

Wow- can you come organize my house? lol Looks great!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, look at all that crafty stuff. I could do crafts with that for years!!

Are You Serious! said...

I need a craft room/corner/closet... Something... :)

kellli said...

I wish I had a craft closet like that!

Mari said...

I've been wondering how you were doing. Glad you are hanging in there! Your closet is great. I used to do crafts with my kids, but I never had a closet and if I did, it wouldn't be so organized!

Joanna said...

Stay focused on the positive and the things that bring you peace and happiness. Yeah, I know that sounds like a fortune cookie but it does help with the emotions. :)

Bonnie said...

That is amazing !!!

MamaGeek said...

I love your crafts so its only natural I'm in awe of your craft closet. Keep us posted on the status of the job my friend.

Melanie said...

I love your closet! It's so nice and organized!

I hope things are going better with your hubby and the job situation. Isn't it just amazing how our blogging friends can help us feel so much better- who would've ever thought that could happen??

Livin' With Me

Pam said...

I know that blogging always makes me feel better when I am down- the blogging community can be a powerful thing!

I love your craft closet! My kids would love that- I may have to start thinking of getting something like that together. Riley (only 9 m) is so small yet- but Ashlyn (almost 4) loves when we do crafts. Sadly, I don't do it as often as she would like. Maybe if I had that awesome closet I would be better at it!

Michie said...

I love that craft closet! I have a hard time not saying, "no, you need to do it this way" too. I was wondering how old your children were - my daughter is almost three and I'm just starting doing some crafts with her.

Andrea said...

I SOOOO wish I had a craft closet like yours!! How fun! I used to love doing crafts as a kid, and whenever i can find one that a 1 1/2 year old could do (and when I have the supplies! ;) ) I do a craft with my son and he loves it too...you're such a great mom!! And I LOVE seeing your craft ideas that you do with your kid!

girlymom said...

Wow- I would love to have storage organized like that!

Family O'Foxes said...

Thank you for sharing...I know I was one of those people asking to see it. It helps inspire me on what my shelves should look like.

:) ~Amy