I found this great Pot Roast recipe in my 5 Ingredients Favorite Slow Cooker Cook Book. I made it, and it is so yummy. For more recipes you can go to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
Are you tired of hearing about your Mother-in-Laws pot roast, well this one will taste just as good, if not better. And you can make gravy with it too. I get excited about gravy because I just recently learned how to make gravy without the white lumps of corn starch in it. You can tell I am not a great cook and I get excited about and easy, delicious recipes.
The combination of salad dressings may sound strange but it is good.
Favorable Pot Roast
2 -2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roasts
1 envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope dry brown gravy mix
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup water
1. Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and gravy mixes. Stir in water. Pour over meat.
3. Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours, or until the meat is tender but not dry.
4.If you wish, thicken the cooking juices for gravy.
remove the meat at the end of the cooking time and keep warm on a platter.
5.Turn cooker on to High. Bring to a boil.
6. Meanwhile, mix 1 Tbsp. flour with 1/2 cup water in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until smooth.
7. When juices come to a boil, pour flour-water into cooker in a thin stream constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until juices thicken.
8. Serve over meat, or in a side along with the meat.
Also I have some great news but I have to write about it later because I have a school function to go to. So check back later today.