Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Random Recipes and Slow Cooking Thursday - Flavorable Pot Roast

For Random Recipes go to Pam at Random Thoughts .
I found this great Pot Roast recipe in my 5 Ingredients Favorite Slow Cooker Cook Book. I made it, and it is so yummy. For more recipes you can go to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
Are you tired of hearing about your Mother-in-Laws pot roast, well this one will taste just as good, if not better. And you can make gravy with it too. I get excited about gravy because I just recently learned how to make gravy without the white lumps of corn starch in it. You can tell I am not a great cook and I get excited about and easy, delicious recipes.
The combination of salad dressings may sound strange but it is good.

Favorable Pot Roast

2 -2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roasts
1 envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope dry brown gravy mix
1/2 cup water

Optional Ingredients:
1 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup water


1. Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and gravy mixes. Stir in water. Pour over meat.
3. Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours, or until the meat is tender but not dry.
4.If you wish, thicken the cooking juices for gravy.
remove the meat at the end of the cooking time and keep warm on a platter.
5.Turn cooker on to High. Bring to a boil.
6. Meanwhile, mix 1 Tbsp. flour with 1/2 cup water in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until smooth.
7. When juices come to a boil, pour flour-water into cooker in a thin stream constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until juices thicken.
8. Serve over meat, or in a side along with the meat.

Also I have some great news but I have to write about it later because I have a school function to go to. So check back later today.

post signature

19 comments:

Crockpot Lady said...

mmm. this is one of my favorites.
yuumy!
-steph

Brittany said...

Ohh I never thought of mixing those dressing packets! Great idea! I shall try this one!

Beth said...

I am making this next week. It sounds so simple.

kelly said...

sounds good, thanks!

Melissa said...

I'm hoping that great news is a job for the hunny!

Teachin' this mommy new tricks! said...

Oh sounds good. I have been looking for a good recipe like that to try!

Katrine said...

I tried a pot roast in my crockpot once. It wasn't pretty! But this recipe looks so good I may be brave enough to try it again!

Sandra said...

This looks SO good, thank you :)

Becca L. said...

looks yummy!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

This sounds tasty and easy! Thanks!

ALF said...

found your site from Melissa over at Hope for the Hopeless - just wanted to say hi!

And now I'm hungry for lunch...

Renee's Reading Corner said...

This sounds wonderful! I'll be back later to catch up on your blog. Take care!

Rachel said...

Sounds yummy.
I love pot roast and always cook in my crock pot so I'll have to try this version!
Thanks for the heads up!
Can't wait to hear about your news!!!!

girlymom said...

Oh this does sounds good. I am doing a chicken crock pot recipe right now for the first time. I put the recipe on my recipe blog if you're interested. I am going to remember to try yours next time!

Mari said...

This sounds really good - thanks!

Amy W said...

This sounds great!

Melanie said...

That does sound interesing. I'll have to print this one out to try.

Livin' With Me

Pam said...

Thanks for posting this for me too! This looks very good- I like Italian seasoning!

Family O'Foxes said...

I made this last Saturday. It was so good.:)
~Amy