Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday


These are soooooo good!!! I could eat them alone for dinner. The recipe is from the Fix it and Forget 5 ingredient favorites cookbook.

Slow Cooked Cheese-y Potatoes

30 oz. package frozen hash browns, shredded or sliced
2- 10 3/4 oz cans cheddar cheese soup
12 oz can evaporated milk
3 oz can French fried onion rings, divided
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

1. Spray interior of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine potatoes, soup, milk, half the onion rings, salt and pepper in the slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are heated through.
4. Sprinkle remaining onion rings over the top before serving.

I love this recipe for other great slow cooker recipes go to Slow Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay Home Mom. She always has great recipes.


post signature

21 comments:

Pam said...

yummy!!

Mari said...

These sound so good. I have a similar recipe but without the onion rings - I'll be trying these. Thanks - I'm off to do my own Slow cooking post.

girlymom said...

I love recipes with a limited number of ingredients. I think I can handle this one- Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

MMMMMM! I'm gaining 10 pounds just reading about it. Not boding well for my hopes of Rachel's motivation to lose weight rubbing off on me. I better keep these cheesy potatoes in my head...

Melissa said...

Yum-o!! I love your new look!!

MJ said...

This looks good. My Post is here http://mjpuzzlemom.wordpress.com/

Andrea said...

Ohhh, those do sound good! :) Btw...love the new look of your blog!!

Mango Marie said...

Major yum! I'm making these!

MommyKnows said...

Mmmm ... that looks good!

MK

Mamacita said...

Yum. That sounds VERY good. Thanks for sharing. :)

Sandra said...

I LOVE potatoes so I'm drooling over these LOL

Can't wait to try them, thank you for sharing!

Hugs,
Sandra

Aimee said...

Those sound so great! Gonna have to try them! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Karen MEG said...

Those sound scrumptious! I'll definitely have to give it a try.

Michelle said...

Hi.thanks for the blog visithow yummy this sounds:)

Crafts and Gift Guru Gal said...

Hey Jenn! Wow nice new blog template - Im loving it! Great Valentines posts, keep them coming. Im gonna have to steal some your ideas :P

Kellan said...

YUM - these sound right up our alley (my family) - we would love these. Thanks so much for this recipe - I'm going to try it this weekend. Kellan

Melanie said...

Sounds delicious and simple!

Livin' With Me

Jen said...

This does sound really good...throw some ham in there and you have yourself a meal....yum. Thanks I'm book marking this one.

The Thrifty Blogger said...

Wow, that looks SO good! I am going to try that, thanks, it is a great recipe for this cold weather we're having here! Oh, and btw, you've been tagged. lol

P.S. I love your crafty stuff on here, you're very talented and have some great ideas. :)

Kelly said...

This is my first time to your blog. I love all the creative ideas. I will stop in again to see what other great ideas you can pass along. I am in no way creative on my own.

MamaGeek said...

I concur! I have this recipe and love it. Long live the crockpot!