Saturday, January 19, 2008

Valentine Marshmallow Treat Pops

These are so good. Yummy! And they would look great for a party or a fun dessert. Change the sprinkles and they would be great for any occasion.
I saw these in a Quick Cooking Magazine:
Marshmallow Treat Pops
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 cups miniature marshmallow
6 cups crisp rice cereal
Popsicle sticks
9 oz milk Chocolate candy coating (I used chocolate chips)
decorating sprinkles
9 oz white candy coating ( white chocolate chips)

In large saucepan, combine the butter and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Place cereal in a large bowl: add the marshmallow mixture and stir until combined. Shape into 2 in. balls; gently insert a Popsicle stick into the center of each ball.









In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the milk chocolate candy coating until melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of the treats in chocolate; decorate with sprinkles. Repeat with the white candy coating and remaining sprinkles. Place on waxed paper until firm.

Since I used the chocolate chips, I spread it on with a spoontula. And I put the finished balls in the refrigerator to let chocolate firm. I remove the treats from the refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving.

My kids really loved them and so did I. I love rice crispy treats any way but then to add chocolate, that makes them perfect.

26 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! You are making me hungry.
Come check out the award I gave you just for being a Jennifer. Or at least a form of Jennifer. Wink.
Smiles!

Are You Serious! said...

Cute... I love sprinkles. They're so fun!

Mari said...

Those are so cute - I'm sure they're good too!

Sandra said...

Wow these look good :)

BTW I tagged you :)

Pam said...

Yummy! I love anything with sprinkles....I'm coming over to have some!

Bonnie said...

uh ... yum !!!! I need to go eat breakfast now ... nothing as delicious as those look though ! :)

Melissa said...

Mmmmm....those look delicious!

Melissa said...

Wow, rice krispie treats are good on their own add chocolate and you've just made them outstanding. Yum!!

dcrmom said...

Oh YUM! I'm totally making those.

Andrea said...

What an awesome idea - love it! I think I'll have to do this for the youth bible study that we have over here every sunday night - I'm always looking for fun snacks for them to munch on. :)

I'm AZ said...

These are too too cute! I'm going to make these for VD and hand them out to my nieces and nephews.

The Domesticator said...

I was just looking for a treat to make for my son's class (Valentine's party, and I am the Room Mom...yeah)
How timely is this???

;-)

Mary said...

These look delicious. I'm going to try them. My grandsons would love them.

Thanks so much for entering my giveaway. Your name has been added. Good luck!

Blessings,
Mary

Family Adventure said...

Oh yummy. And so festive.

Heidi

Casdok said...

Great for kids!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

These look great! I can't wait to make them with my kids!

Family O'Foxes said...

oh yummy! Will you come to Oregon and make some for me and the kids (nah, just me).
~Amy

Jen said...

You should have some kind of Children's Cooking Show.....these look great and I cannot wait to make them with Miller and Madison.

Rick said...

Looks good, but I don't know... Looks like a sugar attack too!

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

tommie said...

Those look so fun! I will have to keep those in mind next month for class parties.

Amy said...

These look so good! I would have loved eating these when I was little. I will have to bookmark this for my son's party treats! :) Thank you for the idea!

Annikke said...

These sound yummy!!!

MamaGeek said...

I LOVE this. Printing, once again. And I love your new blog header too!

Corey~living and loving said...

look at how rock solid you are lately. wow....you are rockin the bloggin. :) I can see why it is an obession for you lately. :)

oh and these are sooooo cute. I'll have to try them.

My Ice Cream Diary said...

I LOVE this idea. Especially because it looks like one that the kids could easily help with.

Renee's Reading Corner said...

You have the best craft and food ideals!! Thanks for sharing. Would you mind if I linked several of your posts to my holiday blog? LMK.

Thanks,
Renee'