Monday, January 21, 2008

Valentine's Love Birds


Supplies needed:
Construction paper, 2 pipe stem cleaner, 2 wiggley eyes, and 2 feathers for each bird.

For the body cut out 3 large hearts, and glue them together. As shown to the left.

Glue on 2 smaller hearts to each side of the face for the beak. Glue on the eyes, one on each side.

Curl up about an inch of the ends of the pipe stem cleaners and glue on each side.
Cut 2, one inch pieces off each leg for the toes. For the middle toe, bend about 1/2 inches of the pipe stem cleaner forward. Attach the one inch pieces by bending them on the leg. one on each side, making each foot have 3 toes. You need to play with the legs to get the bird to stand up.

Glue on a feather to the top of the head and one on the bottom point of the bird.
Now you have your love bird.

24 comments:

Pam said...

You are so good at doing this! Can you come to my house and do some crafts?

Jennifer said...

Too cute, but I won't attempt that one. I tried the one you did with the eyes the other day, and mine didn't look to good. Good thing my 3 year old doesn't know any better.

Melissa said...

So cute. We're doing the kissing fish for Hope's class. Thanks!

Mari said...

Until this year I was teaching a class of kindergarden and 1st grade girls at church on wednesday nights. We were always looking for crafts. I guess I found you too late! These are cute.

My Goodness said...

Yay, we so made these in the class I taught last year!! So cute!!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

OK, just when I think your craftiness can't get any cuter, it does!!! I so love these!!!

~melody~

Family Adventure said...

Amazing! Did you make this one up yourself? It's super cute!

Heidi

Beth said...

I love the love birds and I love the new blog design! So snazzy...just like you!

Jennifer said...

wow, i love the new look...how did you do this?

girlymom said...

It's a snow day today, this looks like a fun project!!

Jen said...

I love your new look...very Valentiney! Your craft is cute too.

Mango Marie said...

Those are the cutest things EVER!
You are so creative....

Annikke said...

Those are so very cute!!!

Family O'Foxes said...

I like the new look of yoru blog. :) So, very hip.

What a cute idea!

~Amy

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I LOVE your new template!!!

MamaGeek said...

I LOVE (LOVE) your new blog design. WOW, it's fantastic - obviously a professional job! It soooo matches your crafty talent.

Can you tell I love it? :)

MamaGeek said...

REALLY love it!

Amber M. said...

Love your new look...and the Valentines are to die for cute.

Melanie said...

Those are so cute! I've got to get into doing more crafy stuff with Hailey. Everytime I come here I'm all motivated to get myself in gear to do it.

Livin' With Me

Melanie said...

Oh- I forgot to say that I absolutely love your new look!

Livin' With Me

Leanne said...

This is so cute, but I must admit I love the cartoon at the side even more! I just got a new laptop and I did notice today that my house is getting dusty. Too much time blogging!

Kellan said...

You always have the greatest crafts for kids - this one is so cute. Take care. Kellan

Nap Warden said...

So cute!

Michelle said...

Oh this is a perfect craft to do with McKenna thanks!!!:)