Thursday, May 22, 2008

OOEY- GOOEY Fun

This is a fun activity that I have not done for a while. My son was begging to do it. So we went out to the store to get some Borax and came home and mixed up this conncotion. This is always a hit with the kids.
You will need 2 mixing bowls, 8 oz of Elmer's Glue (must be Elmer's), green food coloring, spoon, 1 tablespoon of Borax (laundry booster), and plastic bag or plastic container for storage.
-Mix 1 cup of cold water with 8 oz of Elmer's Glue in one mixing bowl.
-In second bowl, mix 1 Tbsp of Borax with 1/2 cup of very hot water (not boiling). Stir well until the Borax is dissolved.
-Add 10 drops of food coloring to the Borax mixture.
-Slowly add the hot Borax mixture to the glue mixture. Stir for a few seconds.
-Now use you hands to squish the mixture together. This makes a gooey,non sticky, stretchy Goo.
Store the goo in a plastic bag or plastic container with a lid.You can keep keep the goo for several weeks as long as you refrigerate when you are not playing with it.





My kids love to add bugs and lizards (that you can get at the Dollar Tree) to the Goo. I monsters trucks are fun too.

post signature

5 comments:

Beth said...

We made some of this a few weeks ago. Always a hit!

Melanie said...

I have got to try this one! I don't know if Hailey will like it though, she can be funny about that kind of stuff. But, I know I'll enjoy playing with it!

Maggie said...

That is one of my favorite things to make...even if it always ends up turning into a HUGE mess!

Brittany said...

I used to LOVE to make this as a kid. I wonder if my kiddo is old enough for this, yet? hmmm

Bucket Trucks said...

i80equipment is an online New & used bucket trucks store. Offers a wide variety of Digger Derrick Trucks, Boom Trucks & Crane Trucks.