Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kid Cooked- Berry Stuffed French Toast

This is one of my favorite recipes, whether I make it or the kids make it. It is so very yummy in my tummy. It is great for breakfast and dinner. I also like it can be made with strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. We serve it with scrambled eggs with ham and cheese.

French Toast
1 package of (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
18 slices sourdough bread ( I used regular white bread)
1/2 cup preserves (strawberry, raspberry or blueberry)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 eggs
1/4 cup half and half (I used milk)
1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Confectioners' sugar and additional fruit optional



In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sour cream.







Spread about 3 tablespoons on each slice of bread.









Combine preserves and vanilla.













Spread preserve mixture over cream cheese mixture on 9 slices.
Top with remaining bread,cream cheese side down, to make a sandwich.











In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, cream and cinnamon. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture.






Cook on hot greased griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and garnish with fruit.



To make syrup:
2 cups unsweetened fruit (Strawberries, raspberries or blueberries)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Syrup: combine fruit, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until syrup consistency. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve over French toast.

This is a recipe really worth trying. I hope you all enjoy.



post signature

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh how I miss bread!! This looks totally yummy!

Jennifer said...

I am making this when we get back from the beach! Thanks for all your tips and ideas!

Good & Crazy said...

You had me at Kid Cooked....

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I am going to try to make this on Saturday. Can't wait to taste it!

Nap Warden said...

Wow, that is a way better breakfast than what I just had!

Kellan said...

YUM - we have got to try this - we love french toast in my house. Cute pictures of your little helpers!!

Nice to see you today - thanks for being such a good friend. SEe you soon - Kellan

Melanie said...

That sounds soooo delicious. I'm afraid I would eat it all in one sitting (by myself).

Livin' With Me
Our Crafts ~N~ Things

Kareer Woman said...

Okay, now my stomach has officially started to growl! lol

care-in said...

Wow, these look good!