Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Beads-The Colors of Christmas

Cheyanne and I made his great necklace. Each color has a special meaning. of Christmas.

I thought this would not only make a great to do at home craft, but also a good one for Sunday school or children's church. I will be doing this with my pre-school class.

It would also make a great bracelet.




All you need is some kind of string for the necklace and beads.








The Colors of Christmas


Green- is for the Christmas tree that lights our holiday joyfully.

Red-is for the special love we feel for those we are thinking of.



Yellow- is for the Christmas star that guided the wise men from afar.

Blue-if for the mother's joy when gazing upon her baby boy.

Purple- is for the Heavenly King who came to earth. His peace to bring












I also wanted to share this, it is an advent wreath that the kids make. I just love this idea. Go to Teaching Tiny Tots to show you how.



post signature

7 comments:

teachingtinytots said...

We love your necklace we are going to make it today or tomorrow for sure!

thanks for loving my girls advent wreaths i thought they were cute!:)

Mari said...

I love the necklace - what a neat idea!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Great necklace!

Are you letting Chey's bangs grow out!?

jk said...

What a wonderful preschool activity resource your blog is!! I love it and have become a regular reader. Thanks for sharing all your fun ideas...

One Pretty Thing said...

You come up with the BEST projects! And I loved that you linked to all the goodies you did last year. I'll be linking to a bunch!

Mandy said...

That is such a great idea. I am going to do this with my daughter.

Jaina said...

I love that color idea. That advent wreath is awesome, what a neat and safe way to teach younger kids.