Saturday, November 29, 2008

Super Easy Candy Cane Craft and The Meaning of the Candy Cane

This is the easiest craft I have done, and it still turned out very cute.






To make this all you need: red and white chenille stems and a small ribbon.








Twist the chenille sticks. Since they are longer than a real candy cane, I cut off about 2 inches.

Bend into the shape of a candy cane.






Tie a ribbon around them.



It makes for a cute ornament or








present topper.

You could add a tag to it, that had the Meaning of the Candy Cane


The Meaning of the Candy Cane
Many years ago, a candy
maker wanted to make a candy
that symbolized the true meaning
of Christmas- Jesus.
The hard candy was shaped like
a "J" to represent Jesus' name.
The color white stands for the
pureness of Jesus. The color
red represents the blood
Jesus shed for us.



post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the meaning of the Candy Cane...I never had heard it until I read it on your blog!! I've been telling other people about it.

Janet, said...

This is a cute craft that a child could do. I love candy cane crafts.

jaime said...

Ooooooooo. I'm definetly doing this! Good one!

Lucky Me! said...

Very cute and very easy. Thanks so much for your idea! You have a great blog!!

Chica Schmica said...

My 2 year old loves the book about the meaning of the candy cane. Great idea to add a tag with the story on it!

teachingtinytots said...

i love them and they are soo simple!

my youngest calls candy canes Christmas! the other day she was like mommy i eat christmas! :)

A said...

I love this... so simple, but it definitely requires fine motor control. I'm setting this lesson up tomorrow! They'd be cute with beads on the ends, too. :)

Anne

crazy mommy of 4 said...

These are so cute! My girls actually made the candy canes for our tree last year at school...great crafts!

Jaina said...

Those a perfect! I think I need another trip to Michael's to make some package toppers :)