Friday, November 21, 2008

Turkey Feast Center Piece

I Love, Love this craft. Cheyanne's pre-school class did a project similar to this. I added a few of my personal touches and this is what we came up with.

It looks like a lot, but it really did not take that long. I was surprised.

This will look great on any table for a center piece.


We used: a real serving plate (you could purchase a Chinette one), green construction paper, tissue paper(green, red and yellow) and/ or crepe paper, 3 paper lunch bags, masking tape, brown and red paint, paint brush, orange and green play dough, green pipe stem cleaner, cotton balls, newspaper, stapler, uncooked noodles, and glue. I also used a glue gun.









Stuff one bag with newspaper (about 3 pieces). Fold over the opening and staple closed. This is the turkey's body.








Stuff the other 2 bags with about 2 pieces of newspaper. Shape into a ball and tape closed. Cut off a few inches off the top of the bag, to look like the turkey's leg.







I hot glued the legs on to the body.









Paint the turkey with some brown paint to "brown" the turkey.









Allow to dry.











Next we made the garnish. On a green piece of construction paper, Caity glued on green, light green, yellow and red tissue paper.










This is the finished garnish.












Place the garnish on the plate, cut around the garnished paper to take away the square corners. Place the turkey on top.

Add a pile of cotton balls to look like mashed potatoes.










Next the kids made carrots and peas with the play dough.








Shape the carrot and add pipe stem cleaners.










Peas.









For the cranberries, we painted some uncooked noodle red.

Allow to dry.












Cranberries. I am sure there are things that look more like cranberries, but this is what I had in the pantry. It is the end of the week after all.








Add everything to the plate, and here is your turkey feast. I am so glad I do not have to cook our Thanksgiving dinner now. Although the turkey may be a little dry.





post signature

7 comments:

MoziEsmé said...

Wow - that looks yummy!

Dee Light said...

Another great one!! This made me smile.

sandy said...

I have never seen anything like that before. I LOVE IT!

Because I think you are wonderful, I have an award for you on my blog:)

http://just4funwithsandy.blogspot.com/2008/11/awarded-again.html

Amber said...

That is so neat!! You really have a great blog!!!

Mzzterry said...

I don't think your turkey will be any drier than the turkey my mom baked every single year!! This is cute, good job!

LANA said...

This is really cute!

Jaina said...

That looks amazing! I'm going to have to tell my mom about this...my brothers would LOVE to do this craft.