Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Letter "J" and the Letter "O"

Meet Ollie the Octopus and Jumping Jack. These are 2 cute letter crafts that Cheyanne loved doing.





To make Jumping Jack we used: Construction paper, scissors, glue, marker and a large craft stick.
















I cut out all the shapes for Cheyanne to glue on.






























Cheyanne glued on Jumping Jacks face and legs.


Cheyanne also drew on some hair with a marker.


I glued on the large craft stick to make it a puppet.













For Ollie the Octopus we used the same materials as the "J" except we added reinforcement labels.


I cut out all Ollies pieces.














Cheyanne added the reinforcement labels on to the legs to make the suckers.


And she glued on all Ollies pieces.






















post signature

10 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the octopus! Adorable!!

Evden said...

Those are so cute. We may just have to make one. I think I could even do something with the "J" for children's church.

Vickie said...

Those letters came out cute!

The octopus is very cute. My daughter is into animals and would love to do this project.

Shelley a.k.a. Momma said...

I love the letter projects! Thanks!

Dee Light said...

Super fun stuff!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

These turned out really cute!

Tara said...

Oh goodness what a cute craft.. I wish I could think of these things.. I think I must be the most boring MOM on the planet lol What a great site.. I might have to come back for ideas!!

Tara
Ring Around The Blogs

Macy and Lucy said...

Oh my...I am so going to be a copycatter crafter tomorrow! That letter O is just the cutest! I love the J too, by that O...O MY! We just made beach reservations for this summer today and got our first bathing suit (Target...so cute!) so we are talking alot about beachy stuff. You are the coolest crazy woman I know!

momadewizkids said...

Hi,

Thats is a great fun way of introducing alphabets to children. I will surely try this out with my younger son.

Thanks for sharing

Macy and Lucy said...

Lucy and I just created (or crafted) "Olivia the Octopus". My girls are major bowheads :) so we gave our octopus a pink bow. I will post pictures of her tonight on my blog. You have inspired me to do a letter of the day craft...hopefully I can do one everday or at least every other day. I post this kind of thing on my blog to hold myself accountable :)

Happy crafting!!