Friday, April 24, 2009

Super Cute Mother's Day Present

I just loved how this craft turned out. I think it is so cute and can be made in so many different ways.



I think this is a perfect gift a child can make for Mother's Day!




We used: 1 or 2 Slim Jewel cases (CD cases), ribbon, scissors, craft glue, 4x6 picture,packaging tape and anything to decorate the frames with such as craft flowers, buttons, etc.



1. Cut 4 pieces of ribbon 5 inches long.




Dab glue in each corner on the inside of the lid . (not where the disc goes)


Slide the ribbon under the tabs in the case.


You could also place the ribbon on the outside for a different look.


You could finish here and make a standing picture frame.


We decorated ours with flowers.


Here is one with button. I also think finger prints would look cute too.




To make hanging picture frame decorate the second jewel case.




Then cut 2 pieces of ribbon and tape evenly spaced between the 2 cases.


Then cut a third piece of ribbon for the hanger and tape on the top jewel case.





post signature

10 comments:

Mari said...

What a cute idea - I love it!

relia said...

This is so cute!
Thanks...

Mama King said...

So cute! My mother in law was just saying how she didn't have any new pictures of the girls...guess what she's getting for mothers day! Thanks!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh that is cute! I'll be linking.

EntertainingMom said...

i just heart those adorable flip flops and i know my daughter will too!!!!

Erna said...

Neat! What a cool gift to give to others!

Jaina said...

What a neat use for jewel cases!

The Katies said...

These are so cute, we've added them to our upcoming Kid Made Mother's Day gift post.

Paula said...

I have not seen this before! Thank you so much for sharing. I will make these for end of year gifts for my pre-school. Thanks...

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is awesome just pinned it