Sunday, June 21, 2009

Whale Craft

Cheyanne and I made this cute whale craft today.




We used: A small plastic flower pot (I think a terracotta pot would work better), blue paint, white chenille stems, large wiggly eyes, glue, blue construction paper, and blue beads.


Paint the pot blue.
Allow to dry.

Cut out fins and tail.




Add one bead to each chenille stem.




Poke a hole in the pot and put in chenille stems.
Glue on fins, tail and eyes.
Cheyanne said it needed a mouth.



















post signature

11 comments:

Christy said...

That is adorable.

BranFlakes said...

That is so stinkin cute!! Aidman was just talking about whales today, I bet he would love to make that!

Free At Last said...

I love it! I will have to have my sunday school class make this when we have the Jonah and the whale lesson. Thanks for sharing.

Miller Moments said...

I love this!!! We are going to the coast later this summer and this would be a great craft to do once we get home (and have hopefully seen a whale or two).

Macy and Lucy said...

Now that is just too cute! May have to make that as we are in coutndown mode for another beach trip!!

Oooooh...just got a grand idea for my "letter" projects...might have to work on that tomorrow!!!

I love your website because it gives the most awesome ideas and spurs other crafty ideas to share!!!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

That whale is almost as cute as Cheyanne!

melanie said...

I love this!! I wish I would have seen it a week ago. We just finished up our ocean theme. I'll have to save it for next year! Love it!!

Craftzilla said...

Very inventive! I would have cheated for speed and used a glue gun. (Hee hee)

melanie said...

I have a quick question, not related to this post at all. But we are starting a theme about Space. I don't see "Space" as a category on your side bar. Do you have any space activities? You can email me at: me (at) livinwithme (dot) com

Orange Juice said...

HA! That's cute

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is ADORABLE! One of my favorites for sure!