Monday, September 28, 2009

Squishy Bags

Last night the girls and I made these great squishy bags. I was making it for my preschool class to show how red and yellow makes orange but all my kids at home loved it too.

The consistency of the squishy goo is like a thick custard. It feels really cool.



For the "Goo" we used:
1 Cup of Cornstarch
1/3 Cup Sugar
4 Cups Water


We mixed all the ingredients in a large pot and stirred the mixture on medium low heat for about 5 minutes. You need to stir it until it gets thick.
Allow to cool.




Add food coloring




Stir food coloring into the goo.













For my preschool class we added yellow and red and squeezed it until it turned orange.



































post signature

6 comments:

The Fifth Street Mama said...

Looks so fun!

Miller Moments said...

This looks like so much fun. Can't wait to try it out.

Corey~living and loving said...

Great idea! :) I always enjoy your fun activities, but rarely comment anymore. I'm sorry. I do read though.

Livin' out loud said...

love it!!!
Susan

Diane said...

Squishy and messy...my kids will love it! Thanks.

The Harris Family said...

This looks like so much fun. Can't wait to try it.