Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fun with Ice !!!


This is a fun, fun project. I saw something similar on another blog, here at Teaching Two.

I did this at home with my 4 year old and in my 2's class, they both loved it.

We used a Glad container, water and plastic bugs (but any little plastic toys would work).

Placed the water and bugs in the container and froze them.



Remove the ice from the container on to a tray and allow the kids to get the bugs free.

I gave them salt, warm water, spoons, water dropper, forks and hammers.
They had so much fun removing the bugs from the ice.

post signature

10 comments:

sallytomato said...

I think you might have seen it on this blog - I know I did and was planning on doing it when the weather turns cold again!

http://www.teachingtwo.com/2010/01/05/hidden-ice-treasure/

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

My boys loved this when we did it too! They chiseled and sprinkled salt on it! It was fun that lasted a longggg time! Something I wish I could do all the time- keep their attention!

Deborah (Teach Preschool) said...

Awesome way to explore science and nature:)

Sherry said...

Love this project, would love to do it w Lu before the winter ends!

Ms Debbie said...

Great Idea. I will try this one tomorrow! THanks!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Oooh! Very cool! (hee hee - literally!)

Jamie said...

Great idea!

Evden said...

I love this idea! It seems like it would keep everyone busy for a long time.

Tanmoy Sarkar said...

Send breathtaking flowers and gifts to India and make a beguiling focal point to any celebration. Add unique beauty and style to the occasions of your special ones in India with our exotic range of flowers and gifts.

Please visit:
www.gifts-to-india.com

Amanda said...

My kids loved this! They ask to do it everyday!