Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bean Pendant

Here is an easy necklace for the little ones to make to be in fashion with the large pendant fashion that is going on right now.
We used: a piece of card board, dried beans (and/or seeds),a lid, pencil, ribbon or yarn and scissors.

Trace the lid on the cardboard for the shape of the pendant. Cut out the circle.
Apply glue to the card board and add the beans. Allow time to dry.
Glue on yarn or ribbon to the back to finish the necklace.










post signature

7 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

I love it!! Now if we could only figure out how to make Silly Bandz!

Ginny said...

I love this necklace, and I'm getting supplies for it, the sunflower, and the apple. These are great for keeping the kids busy this summer.

sippy cup mom said...

that is just super cute. i think we'll make them tomorrow. karen

soni said...

Shop online with us and let your special ones in Bangalore hear your message loud and clear. For details, visit www.freshflowersbangalore.com.

Jen said...

Very unique craft. Looks like fun.

Jen

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Would it be crazy for me to make one of these for myself. I LOVE beans! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Anonymous said...

I made one of these in kindergarten to give to my mom. I asked her a few times why she didn't wear it and she always told me she was saving it for something speical. Years later, on the morning of my wedding, my mom came into my room and asked me how she looked. She looked beautiful-and she had on the bean pendant I had made for her in kindergarten! We both laughed and cried. My mom is gone now-much too soon-and the bean pendant is one of my favorite memories and treasures!