Friday, October 15, 2010

The Changing Jack O Lantern

Cheyanne came home from school with this project and I thought it is great. It is so easy and can be used for the youngest kids to the oldest. With the little ones they can just scribble and the bigger kids can color rainbows, stripes or patterns to change up their Jack O Lanterns.

We used: Orange construction paper cut into a Jack O lantern shape (eyes and mouth only), paper plate, scissors, crayons and brass paper fastener.

Cut the scallops off the paper plate and color it.
Place the paper plate in the middle of the back of the pumpkin and place the fastener in the middle as the nose.

Now turn the plate to change your Jack o Lantern.

post signature

14 comments:

Kaprice said...

What a super cute idea!!! I have everything to do this but the brass fastener. I'm going to have to stop and get some today. JD would love this.

Thanks for sharing. :o)

Miller Moments said...

Adorable!! My boys would love this.

Christy said...

Fantastic! I have never seen this one before!

Wonder Mom said...

I LOVE that! It's on our Halloween "To Do" list now...

JavaMama said...

LOVE this! Never before seen! Can't wait to do it.

Lessons from the Boys said...

That is really neat. Where do you buy brads, I am having an awful time finding them?

jennwa said...

I would think Wal Mart or an office supply store but I have had mine for a while so I am not sure.

The Activity Mom said...

Such a cool idea! =)

The Activity Mom said...

I shared this on facebook and I'm linking to it in a post on the 26th. thanks! =)

My Mommy Time Online said...

So, my little boy and I made these! :o) We had a great time. I'm going to be posting a blog about it within the next couple of days with pictures of the finished product. And I'm going to link to your blog for the source of the idea. :o)

I love this blog. Such great ideas.

RITA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RITA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RITA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
phasejumper said...

We did this craft. I posted it today and linked to you. http://frymanfour.blogspot.com/2010/11/miscellaneous-october-art-and-crafts.html