Sunday, November 28, 2010

Doggie Christmas Ornaments

My dog James just turned 12 years old. He is getting slow in his old age and I do not know how long he will be with us. He is a big part of our family and I thought it would be nice to have a Christmas ornament to remind us of him for many Christmas' to come.
We also made another one for our dog Bob.

We made the ornaments with salt dough.
The recipe:

Salt dough recipe

- 1 cup of salt
- 2 cups of flour
3/4 to 1 cup of lukewarm water


You can air dry them or place them in a 200 degree oven. Time just depends on the ornament. Ours took a long time.
The kids love salt dough. They made all sorts of ornaments with the cookie cutters.

Here are the dogs prints pre baked. Do not forget to make the holes at the top for the ribbons to hang.
Love you James !!!!

post signature

5 comments:

LeighAnn said...

When our dog died, the vet gave us an ornament like that. It's a comfort every year.

Kristi said...

I love this idea! I may just have to do it myself...

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Good old James!! What a sweet dog and a sweet ornament!

Priscilla's Profile said...

does it matter on the flour...all purpose or self rising?

jennwa said...

I used all purposed but I do not think it matters.