Sunday, July 31, 2011

Apple Jack Quesadillas

We went to the library and got a cookbook by Rachael Ray titled Yum-O. It has a lot of great recipes the kids can make or at least help to make.

Caity wanted to make dinner all by herself. That is fine with me. I do not really care to cook, so as soon as someone in my house wants to do it, I am ready to let them do it.
She made Apple Jack Quesadillas.
It is a little spicy but everyone in my house likes spicy.

Olive oil cooking spray
4 Tbp pepper jelly
4 (10-12 in) whole wheat flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack
1 McIntosh apple, cored and sliced thinly

Preheat oven 150 degrees

Preheat the cooking spray in the pan. Spread 1 Tbs of pepper jelly on the tortilla and place it it in the pan, jelly side up. Cover half the tortilla with about 1/2 C of cheese and 1/4 of the apple slices. Fold the naked half of the tortilla over and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until the quesadilla is brown and crispy and the cheese is melted. Keep in the oven while you make the rest of the quesadillas.


She was very proud of herself and it was very yummy!!!!!




post signature

3 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Good! Now she can help me with dinner tonight! :)

Melissa Taylor said...

yummy!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

That cookbook sounds great. I'll have to see if my library has it.