Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beat the Heat 2011 5K

For some reason, 2 weeks ago I thought it would be a good idea for Beth and I to do a 5k. It did not matter that I had not ran in 6 months, but of course I could train in 2 weeks. Well that was a dumb thought, but we did it and we ran all the way.
My kids wanted to run their first 1 mile fun run. They all did an amazing job, I was very proud of them.



Beth and I before the race.




We made it !!!



After all that running we had to finish it off with some Krispy Kreme doughnuts !! YUM YUM!





Now Beth wants us to run a 10K. I have to start training now.

post signature

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Great run!! I would love to do that some day. And of course you would have to treat yourself to Krispy Kreme!! WOW a 10K....good luck you can do it!

singaporeflowershop said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

We can totally do a 10k...it will be a piece of cake! Or should I say a piece of donut or maybe some DQ! ;)

Crystal said...

Congrats! My kind of girls!! :) Last year I finished my first 5k off with a pedi. I think this year may need to be a pedi and Krispy Kremes! LOL

Creative and Curious Kids! said...

My girls did their first 1 mile this past Spring- Momma was so proud, so I told them I'd run next year in the 5K. I better start training now- he, he.

Great job!!!

Jen

M for Short said...

That's great you get the kids involved. Even if it ends with a donut. You're showing 'em if they put in the work, they get a reward! Awesome.