Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Thanksgiving and My Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe

Our Thanksgiving was great. It was a quiet peaceful day with the kids and good food.

Caity and Cody helped peel the pototoes. I love when the kids help.


Here are my happy kids.

My beautiful turkey. Iam NOT a good cook by any means, so I was very happy my turkey looked and tasted good. It was even done. No microwaving required.




My family waiting to eat. "WAIT " I have to take a picture first.




This is one of our favorite holiday recipes. My kids ask for this on every holiday. My BFF Beth gave it to me.

YUMMY SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE


Ingredients:


4 cups sweet potato, cubed

1/2 cup white sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 tsp salt

4Tbsp butter softened

1/2 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract



1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup allpurpose flour

1 Tbsp butter, softened

1/2 cup chopped pecans


DIRETIONS:



1. Preheat over 325 degrees. Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover . Cook over medium heat high heat until tender, drain and mash.


2. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9x13 in. baking dish.


3. In medium bowl, mix sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.


4. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until topping is slightly brown.





post signature

2 comments:

The Activity Mom said...

Your candy cane craft was featured in my 2011 Activity Advent Countdown. Thanks for sharing so many awesome ideas with moms like me. =)

http://www.activity-mom.com/2011/11/2011-activity-advent-countdown.html

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving! And your turkey looks perfect!

Glad you enjoyed the sweet potatoes!